This educational presentation on Understanding Trauma in Children is designed to help participants understand the various aspects of how children react to trauma. This presentation will provide the participant with therapeutic responses and actions that can best support a child in building resilience and a sense of safety.
- Types of Trauma
- What constitutes a traumatic event
- Factors determine the degree to which a child is traumatized
- Signs and Symptoms of traumatic stress in children according to their specific age groups
- The various ways that trauma symptoms can present in a child
- Assessments used to determine what post trauma symptoms the child is having and the degree to which the symptoms are affecting their daily functioning.
- How a caregiver can promote a sense of safety and resilience in a child who has experienced trauma