Facilitator Led Stewards of Children Prevention Training
Stewards of Children teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for individuals concerned about the safety of children as well as organizations that serve youth. Stewards of Children is the only nationally distributed program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors.
When presented in a group setting, Stewards of Children is led by an Authorized Facilitator of Darkness to Light. Engaging and thought provoking, group led sessions include:
- A three-part DVD presentation with commentary from sexual abuse
survivors, experts in the field and concerned adults.
- Facilitator-led discussion emphasizes important issues in prevention
within the community and organizations that serve children.
- An interactive workbook facilitates discussion, reinforces key concepts
and serves as a resource and personal action plan for resolving child
After taking this workshop participants report that they are more likely to:
- Discuss issues of sexual abuse with a child or another adult
- Pay attention to potential signs of sexual abuse
- Drop in unexpectedly to ensure that a child is safe in the care of another
Contact Rose Jergens to schedule a Stewards of Children workshop in your
home or organization or call 970-565-8155.
Assess your knowledge, attitude and activism around child sexual abuse by taking the Stewards of Children Self Assessment. Contact Rose Jergens if you would like to have the score sheet emailed directly to you or to discuss points of concern.
Find out more about Stewards of Children