There are multiple Stewards of Children Extension classes to dive a little deeper into specific topics. Trainings include:
Bystanders Protecting Children:
In this training you will learn how to be an active bystander in preventing and responding to child sexual abuse. You will receive examples of boundary violations and inappropriate behaviors, and how you can make spontaneous and planned interventions that reinforce boundaries and protect children. This training builds on Stewards of Children.
- Discover what it means to be an active bystander
- Learn how to make interventions as an active bystander
- Discuss what boundary violations and red flags look like as behaviors
Healthy Touch for Children:
Creating awareness around healthy affection and touch helps protect children. Parents, caregivers and family members are the first step to teaching children the importance of boundaries involving touch.
- Learn strategies for incorporating healthy touch at home and in youth serving organizations
- Identify normal and abnormal touching behaviors in line with healthy sexual development
- Discover ways to balance children’s needs for warmth and affection with safe, respectful interactions
Talking with your Children about Abuse:
Talking about personal safety and sex creates a protective bond between parent and child, increases confidence for both, and instills knowledge that makes children and teens much less vulnerable. Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, you will learn how to talk with and listen to children about sexual abuse and personal safety.
- learn why relationships and resilience are the building blocks of safety for children.
- receive examples of how to talk about personal safety with children of all ages.
- learn how to use everyday opportunities to talk with children about sexual abuse.
Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
Sexual trafficking, also known as the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), is any sexual activity involving a child for which something of value is given or promised. Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, this training teaches you about the root cause of commercial sexual exploitation and why preventing sexual abuse is important to reducing the risk of children being sexually exploited.
- learn what child exploitation is and what circumstances make children vulnerable.
- learn about the root causes of commercial sexual exploitation directly from survivors.
- understand how preventing child sexual abuse reduces the risk for children being commercially sexually exploited.