It is with sadness that we decided to postpone the April 3 Lip Sync Competition because of the recent recommendations from the CDC.(organizations should try to avoid gatherings especially large groups in small spaces). If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Don’t forget: Sneeze/cough into your elbow and wash your hands.
The Four Corners Child Advocacy Center is looking for an Office Manager/Victim Services Assistant. The perfect candidate will have QuickBooks experience for our bookkeeping needs as well as strong customer service to support our child victims and their families. If you are awesome, and want to impact our community through this position, apply at Indeed Job Posting.
Register today for our annual Lip Sync Battle. We are limited to 10-12 teams so sign up early.
April 3, 2020 7 PM, Sunflower Theatre
$30 Registration fee per team, complete the form below to register.
The competition will be judged in these categories:
- Lip Sync Abilities: How well the performer(s) lip-sync the lyrics of the song.
- Creativity: How original and creative the performance is. Instead of just standing on stage and lip-syncing a song – props, choreography, costumes and/or other ideas should be used and often impresses the judges and generates crowd response. Be creative!
- Stage Presence & Choreography: Again, don’t just stand there! Engage the audience, dance, smile, make eye contact with the judges…you’re a STAR —have fun!
Each category will be worth 15 points each. In case of a tie, the judges will deliberate to decide the champion. The judges’ decisions are final.
Four Awards will be offered:
- Grand Champion: Judges’ highest score
- Second Place: Judges’ score
- Third Place: Judges’ score
- Grand Champion: People’s Choice
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Registration is open to the first 10 teams that complete form. Completed forms must be submitted by March 1st. Registration fee due by at time of registration. Registrations received after the first 10 will be put on a wait list.
- Teams can range in size from 1 to 6 people. All team member names must be included on the registration form.
- Teams may use props and must supply their own props. Fog machines, bubble machines, fire, water, and glitter are prohibited.
- Music must be submitted by March 15th at 4:00pm to the Four Corners Child Advocacy Center. Songs must be the clean version, no explicit versions will be accepted and must be in good taste. Music may be edited or a mashup between multiple songs.
- A 15-20 second preview video must be submitted by March 15th for marketing and to begin People’s Choice voting which will open March 20th. Submit video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The maximum time limit is four minutes per performance. After four minutes, the music will fade out.
- The Lip Sync Battle is a fundraising event to benefit the Four Corners Child Advocacy Center and its valuable programs. In addition to an entry fee, teams are encouraged to get five (5) people to purchase tickets. Additional tickets will be sold and/or contributions collected. Tickets will be available for purchase online from the Sunflower Theatre. Help us fill the Theatre.
Lip Sync Team Registration
Sign up to compete in our annual Lip Sync Competition!
How would you like to join the FCCAC team as we tackle child abuse prevention education in our community? We are very excited to be hosting this position for a prevention education champion. The Prevention Education Champion will be an essential member of the Child Maltreatment Prevention Action team (CMPAT) ; coordinating and implementing new projects developed by CMPAT partner organizations.
Prevention Education Champion, full-time, based in Cortez, CO at the Four Corners Child Advocacy Center in partnership with the TeamUP Child Maltreatment Prevention Action Team. Full position description and details on how to apply here!
Looking to make your year end donation to the Advocacy Center? Visit SUPPORT THE CENTER to submit your gift. Thank you for your continued support of the work that is done at the Four Corners Child Advocacy Center.
POSITION FILLED. PLEASE FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION AND POSTINGS.
Interested in working at the Four Corners Child Advocacy Center? We’ve got a full-time advocate position open. Visit our posting on Indeed for the full details and to apply.
We will close the position on December 20th.
Click the image to open a larger PDF.
TechTuesday: Fortnite Chapter 2 was released last week. I know my 15 year old was PUMPED! As parents and guardians, what do we need to know about Fortnite? Thank you to the National Online Safety website for this great info!
TechTuesday: Earlier this year, Advocate Sadie Pace found a podcast about being smart online. I’ve (Nicci) listed to quite a few, and have my kids listening occasionally too. It has some great information. Josh Ochs reminds kids (and parents/guardians) to be LIGHT, BRIGHT and POLITE online.
Take a listen to see what you think.
Thank you, Mary Sparks for the lovely quilts you brought in to wrap up our third quarter. We had so many lovely quilts come in this quarter.
See all our lovely Third Quarter Quilts: